1. “Choose your companions carefully when you are walking in the hills. If you are accompanied by the wrong person- by which I mean someone who is temperamentally very different to you- that long hike you’ve been dreaming of could well turn into a nightmare” – Ruskin Bond
2. “You know more of a road by having traveled it than by all the conjectures and descriptions in the world” – William Hazlitt
3. “Own only what you can always carry with you: know languages, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag” – Aleksander Soizhenitsyn
4. “I never travel without my diary. On should always have something sensational to read in the train” – Oscar Wilde
5. “Restore human legs as a means of travel. Pedestrians rely on food for fuel and need no special parking facilities” -Lewis Mumford
Nikita Butalia is a solo 20-something traveler who documents her experiences around India and the rest of the world in witty narratives and travel tales that are best read curling up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate on a winter evening.